October 6, 2016

just come home to me.




just come home to me.

i could write you a thousand songs,
send you a thousand letters,
bleed you a thousand poems,
and they would never say it like i want to say it.

i'm exhausted.

and He leads me by the still waters,
but every time i see them i think of you.
every time i take a breath, it reminds me that you're alive
and you're not here.

i sit out on the front porch.
waiting.
hoping.
and slowly i see the leaves ripped from their stems,
fading like candle smoke,
changing like experience - from green to gold.

and it's all beautiful.

i tell myself to be patient
to sit quietly.
but it slips from between my fingers.
like a wind that blows in the middle of the night.
and only the 2 o'clock train hears me.

just come home to me.

but all i hear is the train crying on the railroad tracks,
and that's more about leaving
than coming home.

xx

i cried. woops. sis - keep clickin that camera.


18 comments:

  1. Yet again you've managed to majorly stab me in the heart. This made me miss so many people. You have the most beautiful way of writing, oh how I love it. xx <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm crying. i know exactly what that feels like. xx thanks gracie girl.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is too real. I relate to this so much and I'm now really depressed, but in a good way because it was this beautiful poem that did it to me. Gahhh I love this <3 Can you have tears of joy and sadness at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm pretty sure you can, so i'll buy you some kleenax too. i think i'm all out. thank you love. xx

      Delete
  3. it's just so crazy how talented you are <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. "like a wind that blows in the middle of the night.
    and only the 2 o'clock train hears me."
    Wowowowowowowowow. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. "and slowly i see the leaves ripped from their stems,
    fading like candle smoke,
    changing like experience - from green to gold."
    whoa. whoa. this. this is stunning. perfect description of autumn, of life... i love the way you write so much, aah. this piece is so lovely and sad. *cries too* but there won't always be crying. <3
    (the LIGHT in those pictures = *heart eyes*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THERE WON'T ALWAYS BE CRYING. WRITE IT ON THE WALLS. <3 xx

      Delete

be kind.

xx