magpie



the magpie is a thief.
she collects mistakes like they are stones, and breaks things like they are nothing. 
she is painted bandit colors
the colors to hold up the train with.

the magpie is a liar. 
she feigns her innocence
with the stolen goods in her beak. 
and her eyes are always black.
always.


but oh, have you heard?

did you hear her speak to her children, when she first saw them?

have you watched her teach them.
teach them how to fly.
have you watched her reach
redemption
through the emptying of herself?


nothing is sweeter than the voice of a magpie
calling to her child.
realizing she was made by Him for one purpose.

to give life.
instead of taking it.

the magpie is a giver.
she is a thief no more.
amen.



xx

i'm posting a lot because something is wrong with me. 
BUT THIS IS MY BLOG AHAHHA
SO I CAN POST A LOT.
and you can all be wonderful and eat donuts because that's what you get when you ride with me. 
lovies.



Comments

  1. I love the imagery in this poem! Your writing always cheers me up :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE WHEN YOU POST A LOT BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I don't like donuts...

    (however, I do like this post. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yes indeed you can post a lot and it's quite wonderful!
    p. s. those pictures are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am blown away by this poetry! I love writing it, and you inspire me SOOO much! Thanks for that! <3 <3

    Amelia Key xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was like, "Wait, what about me?" Haha, but this is pretty. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when you post a lot, it's definitely NOT a problem. i live for your posts.

    this is also stunning and brought me close to tears ashfkkopkrenf

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  8. plot twist? I think yes. amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post and beautiful blog!

    http://takeheart20.blogspot.co.za/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

be kind.

xx

Popular Posts