Oh, Lord

This slope is ready for me. A close look at a perfectly groomed trail at Deer Valley Utah. #photography SkiMag.com

I went to the mountains yesterday. 

It usually heals to go to places like this, up in the cold air that seeps down into your bones. 

Why do humans run so far to find comfort?

We go to our mountains, seeking refuge. We go to our caves, seeking something we can't grasp between our fingers. 

And when the fire and the windstorm come, we shake our fists because what we want is not in these things.

How can we be so blind?

As we shake our fists and hoard our memories, we miss the Whisper that passes by with what we needed in the first place. We miss it. 

Life sometimes seems like a drift of missed things.

And in our seeking for some place of rest, we miss the best thing.

Oh, Lord, I have missed you. 

Why must we say that? Why must we whisper it achingly to a brighter dawn than we could've hoped for? 

Why is it not different?

Oh, Lord, I have seen your face.

In our search for healing, we shut our eyes and rock on our knees, trying to escape everything. Trying to shut out everything. 

And we succeed. 

Oh, Lord, I have missed you.

Oh, Lord, where have you been?

Oh, Lord, I am alone. 


This is why it is said: "Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine upon you."
( Ephesians 5:14)

Oh, Lord, I have seen your face.

Stop searching for the healing.

You won't find it. 

Wake up and search for the face of God, in the light of which no shame or horror can linger.




xoxo









Comments

  1. *screams from the rooftops* YESSSS. AMEN.

    We cannot heal when we search for healing, but it is when we stop focusing on healing and start focusing on Him...that's it.

    That's it, Addy. That is where I disappear, and He appears. That is where darkness flees and light comes. That is where joy destroys sadness and fear. That is where we find Him.

    Amen.

    *cries tears of joy and love and everything yess*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post. <3
    I needed it in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUR2XCM2qAE

    This post is awesome. Why do we always seek after things, after comfort, when the one who cries "Comfort, comfort, my people" is our God (Isaiah 40:1)? In our God, we can find the beauty everywhere, for we find HIM everywhere. Lovely reminder. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallelujah.

      Agh, also, thank you for that verse. I needed it.

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. You're.
    magnificent.

    “I want to be a healer, and love all things that grow and are not barren.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me a lot of that one story in the bible when this one man (I forgot his name) had to go up into the elevations and then he had to deal with all of these natural disasters, like a fire, and then when it all ended, the man ended up hearing a tiny whisper. And yes we can't search for healing, but overtime, potentially, we can. <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elijah!! That is one of my favorite stories, and I always seem to reference it in my writing. :-D

      And yes, the best part is that God alone can bring us the healing we really crave! <3

      xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

be kind.

xx

Popular Posts