spirit


At some point, it became just me and the sky and the Spirit.

I had never climbed so high. Never felt so worn and weary. My fingers shook...was it fear or bliss? Neither, I think. It was something else. I haven't found a word to describe it.

I do not belong to the earth. I do not belong to the sky.

I belong here. There. 

Wherever Thou art.

It frees you, those words. It frees you when you realize you don't belong to anything you can see. Because inside, you detest it. You detest the way they sacrifice themselves to gods of earth and sky. Like this is home. Like this is it. 

I do not belong.

I am not above, I am not below. But I am not one.

We reach our fingers up to paint the blue, and we stretch our weary lungs wide. They are full of good air. They are full of good hope.

We do not belong to the earth. We do not belong to the sky.

We pass, restless. 

hiking is good for the soul.

xoxo




Comments

  1. This is beautiful!! I love your elegant writing style.
    <3/ Audrey
    Simplyaudrey89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear!! I so enjoy writing too. ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. oh the words so true although i am trying to learn it still. oh oh oh what a thing to think about :D

    and that sky is sooooooooooooo blue soooooooooooo beautiful

    <3 Arielle

    p.s. it amazing, as always :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cry. thank you, dear arielle. you are literally a dream. ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Incredible. The hiking part was a bit unexpected, though. :') Loved the imagery in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! thank you! i loved writing it. ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. "Hiking is good for the soul" YEAH

    I'M GLAD SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS THIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH YOU KNOW IT.

      even though it is hard and makes you sweaty. ;-D ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Beautiful. The pictures and words are <3

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

be kind.

xx

Popular Posts