26th of March

 not mine



Spring came.

Hard and clear.

And then it snowed,
on the twenty-fifth of March.
It didn't make sense to me...
the cold wind whipping back across our land.

It seemed wrong.

I watched it fall and I fell with it and for some reason
            it shattered me.

On the twenty-sixth of March
the snow melted.

And spring came back to me
just as clean and bright
as I had remembered it being.

And then the snow made sense.

On that green
twenty
sixth
of 
March
when I stopped falling
and planted roots.

xoxo


Comments

  1. Can I just say that this piece made me feel like a thriving plant? :D

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh that misty green picture of that tree did it
    and your words coupled with that made this sooo beautiful <3<3 xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I found that picture and just whispered, "It's perfect." ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you honey buns. ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. HONEY BUNS???????????????????????????????????????????????????

      Gross.

      Delete
    3. I LAUGHED FOR LIKE AN HOUR OVER THAT.

      Delete
  4. Yesss....I couldn't believed it snowed on the first day of spring, but it melted as quickly as it came. I love this post, Adelaide <3 (And every single other post on this blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I know this?

    I know this.

    Except it was there and melted on the same day. *hugs God tightly because he is amazin'*

    Write more awesome posts like these, Addy dear. I love them with all my heart. And my comments are totally lame compared to them. (I almost forgot to comment because I loved this post so much XDDDD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEVER. I adore your comments.

      And thank youuu. ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. This. is. really. really. really. good. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh so good! Keep it up!

    xo, Emily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

be kind.

xx

Popular Posts