August 16, 2015

Back To School




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Playlist-

◊ north x sleeping at last
◊ calm my heart x paper route
◊ I-40 mountain spine x jessie parker
◊ line of fire x junip
◊ half as tall x a boy and his kite
◊ a long way x josh garrels
◊ for you x tin sparrow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-Outfit-

i always like to go for something comfortable and neutral. i'll go for leggings and denim any day.

◊ shirt x khols
◊ glasses x sale rack (!)
◊ leggings x old navy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Advice-

please please please don't sacrifice yourself for school. it is not the most important thing in your life. you should not be ruining yourself over it. arrange your schedule differently. get help. accept a couple of bad grades. it'll be okay.

◊ allow yourself some grace. if you are struggling, don't panic. take a few deep breaths. get things back in order. go onto the next challenge.

◊ start correctly. get into a habit. stretching. drinking a cup of tea. whatever it is that brings you fully awake.

◊ end correctly. get some sleep. take care of yourself. you are precious cargo. ♥

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-Bag Essentials-

encyclopedia of me x amy krouse rosenthal
◊ eos lipbalm and hand lotion
◊ burt's bees pomegranate lip balm
◊ notebook
◊ extra pens/pencils
◊ hair clips
◊ perfume

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

◊ and above all, be kind to yourself darling. i cannot stress it enough, and nobody else is going to tell you. a career will come. a future will come. 
right now, take it one day at a time. 
things will turn out. 
i promise. ♥ xx




23 comments:

  1. dear Addy i love this so much! the playlist is amazing ❤i love all of your advice and pictures and everything about this post i love life it's thundering i want to hug people thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear arielle i love you so much! ♥ thank you darling. and yes. life is thundering. xx

      Delete
  2. Are you public, private, or homeschooled? Huh, I always had a feeling you were homeschooled, so.. I don't know. XD

    I really like what you said about not letting school control my life. My parents force that upon me and I never really am allowed to do many activities outside of school, including hanging out with friends, and by the second month I just feel super miserable, ugh. But this new school year has got me pumped because I am done being forced to stay at home too (and I can finally use the nail polish and EOS hand lotion you sent me-- #forevergrateful)!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am actually homeschooled. XD quite the devious little genius though, so i decided to do a back to school post anyways!

      i know exactly what you mean. i will be praying for you, and for...peace, i suppose. i know how much we need it. ♥♥♥ #foreverpleased. xx

      Delete
  3. EEK YOUR GLASSES EEK THEY ARE SO DARN CUTE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEE i think of you every time i wear those silly things. ♥

      Delete
  4. As usual, you bring loveliness to everything--even something as hideous as back to school :P Lovely photography and words; makes me have a little hope in this school year

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH thank you. ♥ you are the wonderfulest. xx

      Delete
  5. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BACK TO SCHOOL BECAUSE YOU WERE HOMESCHOOLED LIKE THE REST OF US PATHETIC CREATURES AND EVERYONE KNOWS HOMESCHOOL IS NOT REAL SCHOOL

    wait where did that come from

    Write all the back to school posts you want, Addy, 'cause YOU'RE STILL IN SCHOOL AND I AM NOT CHICKEN BOOM BOOM.

    For the record, homeschool is the only way to go. I'm just not sure you need perfume for it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my worddd. This post is just cute. I don't know how else to describe it.
    WONDERFUL advice. School sometimes controls your life, and you don't step back to have a more broad view of your life. And yes, excepting a few bad grades. SOOO important :)
    Your outfit is so cute, the bag, your glasses, ughhh <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my worddd i adore you. ♥
      thank you darling. school is evil most of the time, but i learn so much about fighting on and keeping strong. God never ceases to be good.
      YOU ROCK MY WORLD. ♥ xx

      Delete
  7. This post just made my day. I love these photos and all the tips-- they're amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, vanshi!! i loved making it. ♥ xx

      Delete
  8. First of all, you're adorable. Second, this is wonderful advice. Third of all, we can't wear leggings at my school and it absolutely stinks.

    Thanks for this, Addy. I'll definitely be taking this to heart.
    xoxo
    ms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first of all, you're the best. second, THANK YOU. third, that is horrific and i send you lots of virtual hugs because leggings are so comfy and stretchy muah. ♥♥♥

      thank you for reading, lovely mary. xx

      Delete
  9. oh, and is this a new design? It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. agh I love this so much. starting back to school tomorrow and this was such a good (and needed) reminder. i'm already letting the stress get to me as i have a lot to do that i wasn't even aware of! thank you a million times for this. (oh and can't wait to check out those songs xx)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh thank youu. ♥ don't lose heart, dear olivia! God is good. (and yes, please do! they are the bomb dot com) xx

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, thank you for this.
    I graduated last spring. I'm not starting college this fall. I'll be working and traveling for music and all that, but no school. I'll miss the routine. But I won't miss the work. But these simple yet heart piercingly honest words encourage me so. This goes with anything in life. And it's such a great reminder for this changing season.
    Have a good school year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abigail, you sweet beam of sunshine! thank you so much. i wish i was you, chasing after your dreams. have a good time running, darling! ♥ xx

      Delete
  12. OH WORD. (idk how i missed this post for four whole days?? life has been crazy sigh. your posts always make me feel better)

    i love this post even though i am done with high school and now applying for college and doing a tiring job shadowing thing that has taught me so much. so much love for you, addy<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes yes yes. I say yes to this all. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

be kind.

xx