February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day!






Happy Valentine's Day!

This has become one of my favorite days over the years,
and I'm excited to share one of my favorite recipes!



Valentine's Sugar Cookies:

1 and a half cups of softened butter
2 cups of white sugar
       (Cream together until smooth.)

Beat 4 eggs and 1 tsp. of vanilla into the mixture.

Add 5 cups of flour + 2 tsp. of baking powder + 1 tsp. of salt.

Cover and chill for at least one hour.

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough on floured surface. Place on cookie sheet.
        Bake 6-8 minutes. 

               (If you'd like to make the small pink hearts in the middle, simply use a smaller cutter and 
                       add food coloring to a small portion of the dough. Then place the shape in the center 
                             of the cookie and bake accordingly.)


So there you go! 

Although I'm single myself, I really find a lot of joy in Valentine's Day. It's the perfect time to reflect and be still, and it gives me time to relax. It's easy to look at couples and be disappointed, in yourself most of all, but today isn't truly about that sort of love.

It's about family and hope and remembering what's important.

So spend time with your family. Watch a movie. Eat some delicious goodies.

Today is a good day.

Keep your chin up and stay tender. ♥



How do you celebrate Valentine's Day?


xoxo




24 comments:

  1. Oooh! Those cookies look so good!
    I don't have a bf so I just love my family!
    Happy valentines day
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious! Haha! I know the feeling. :-D

      Have a fabulous day!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Man, these look so good! I definitely want to make them! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty yummy! I've probably had too many already. ;-D ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Those cookies look fabulous:) Thanks for the recipe, I will have to try them. Happy Valentine's Day!!! -Bethany!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! I hope they turn out well.

      Happy Valentine's Day! ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Nom nom, wishing I had some cookies right about now.
    I, for one, love Valentine's Day! It's a day not just to love a significant other, but yourself and the people around you. And cookies are just the thing for a cook pampering.

    Happy Valentine's Day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister! Cookies are the way to go! :-D

      Happy Valentine's Day!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. These look delicious! Happy Valentine's Day, Adelaide x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Arushee!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Happy Valentines Day, Adelaide!
    <3
    THOSE COOKIES LOOK SO FRIGGIN' GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY'RE SUPER YUMMY.

      Happy Valentine's Day!

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. ooh, I must try these out sometimes. I've always wanted to try to bake sugar cookies.... they look so good.
    your ideas are also really good. hope you're having a wonderful Valentine's Day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They are super easy, and super delicious. :-D

      Happy Valentine's Day!! ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. These look so yummy. ALL OF THESE BAKED GOODS I KEEP SEEING ON VALENTINE'S DAY FILLED WITH LOVE ARE JUST MAKING ME HUNGRY... is that weird? :D

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  9. COOKIES. I love. Hahah, thanks for sharing this recipe! It'll be fun to make some and share the love (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg cookies are sooo sweet! Love it!!

    I am following you now :)

    Visit me: Kapege life moments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you're here. :-D

      xoxo

      Delete
  11. I am sensing a trend in many of the Valentine's Day stuff that I have been reading....

    AS IN GET OVER YOURSELF! (talking to myself of course XD) That's pretty much what I need to learn right now. In the words of Veggietales, "BOO HOOMOOMOO BOO HOOMOOMOO BOO HOOMOOMOO BOO HOOMOOMOOMOOMOO." ;-)

    Anyway, praise God for the fact that He loves me despite the fact that I'm a self-absorbed whiner most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAAAAAAAAAA. Yeah I pretty much wrote this for you. ;-D

      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I need to try those cookies now! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! You should definitely try them. :-D

      xoxo

      Delete

be kind.

xx