February 11, 2015

To The End



Melting snow.

Skies that slowly fade back into blue. 

The ashes in the fire growing still and cold. 

We're entering a different time, in between the burnt and the chilled. The days that tilt gently towards the new life. When we come across these days, what do we usually do?

I know that I grow impatient. 

I grow impatient with the waiting.

We want to see our growth.

We slowly forget to till the earth because we never see anything come of it. We don't plant seeds anymore because they take too long to sprout. We cut down our trees before they ever tower because we're afraid of death. 


Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them that he loved them to the end.
(John 13:1b)

To the end.

How long, though?

How long until the end?

We plead and we beg and we question, because the end seems so very far away, and we are afraid of the waiting. 

The water drips down the smooth faces of the trees. 

The world is awakening.

The world is loosening itself of the waiting. 

But the waiting must last a little while longer, and we must learn to know it. We must learn to wait, with beating hearts under the snow. We must learn to watch, eyes fixed on the road. 

To the end.

How long, though?

It doesn't matter.

He loved them. 

How long, though?

                 To the end.


xoxo



10 comments:

  1. *hands go up in the air*

    TO THE END!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This.

    Yes.

    This is perfect. Especially that last part. I needed that muchly. Thank you for growing with me, Sister, because I couldn't do it alone. It's an amazing journey when we are together on it. Seriously, I don't know how you and I seem to go through the same things at the same time, but we do, and that's fantastic, because I don't want to do it alone.

    Anyway, yeah. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and glomph hugs to mah bestie.

      I don't know why or how, but God is good and I've got your back and you've got mine and grace and joy will overcome.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. asdfghjkl

    Did you hear that?
    That was the sound of my heart breaking into a million little shards that are now stabbed into my chest like cactus thorns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You precious girl, you. ♥

      Thank youuu.

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. ACK, I'm fangirling over this! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Thank you so much, Morning!! (Am I allowed to use your real name? Because I totally want to. *grin*) ♥

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. What.

    Addy.

    How.

    This is so...beautiful?

    I know these words. I can hear them in the crashing waves, in the birds melodies, in the growing trees, in everything.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

be kind.

xx