February 17, 2015

Book Review: On The Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness



Synopsis: 

        Once, in a cottage above the cliffs on the Dark Sea of Darkness, there lived three children and their trusty dog Nugget. Janner Igiby, his brother Tink, their crippled sister Leeli are gifted children as all children are, loved well by a noble mother and ex-pirate grandfather. But they will need all their gifts and all that love to survive the evil pursuit of the venomous Fangs of Dang who have crossed the dark sea to rule the land with malice and pursue the Igibys who hold the secret to the lost legend and jewels of good King Wingfeather of the Shining Isle of Anniera.


Things I Loved About the Book:

      - Characters that feel like brothers and sisters you've known forever
      - Places you never knew you needed to get to.
      - Do the words "ex-pirate grandfather" mean anything to you?
      - Moments that make you gasp with laughter, scream with anguish, and cry so many tears you could flood the River Blapp. 
       - Janner. 
       - Everything

Things I Didn't Love About the Book:
      
        - I'm ruined for loving anyone ever again because people die. 
        

What is there really to say?

These stories (there are four books in total) are as timeless as the mountains. If only I could tell you what they make me feel, I would. But words don't quite mean enough.

I deal mainly in words, you know. 

And all of the brightest ones don't add up for this. 

There's Peet the Sock-Man the crazy old man who is really the most beautiful character I've ever met. There's Tink, the little brother who is scared of heights and as fast as the rivers running down to the sea.
There's Sara Cobbler, with the bright eyes and the hope in her heart.

So, please, do me a favor, and go and read these books.

And call me when they're over, so we can cry together.


xoxo




12 comments:

  1. DON'T THINK YOU CAN TRICK ME INTO READING THESE HEART-WRENCHING BOOKS, ADELAIDE THOMPSON. because if you do, i'll break and then read them and i will be dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAH YOU KNOW YOU'RE GONNA DO ITTT.



      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Do they have these at the library? I think I'm gonna put these on my ever growing book list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should!

      They are worth every moment spent reading them. :-D

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. ANNNNND CALL ME WHEN YOU GET BACK, DAHLING, I ENJOY OUR VISITS.

    Anyway. The feels.

    Everybody should read these books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting... Once I'm all caught up on the Lunar Chronicles, I will read this. I'm kind of crying over the series right now.... Like, my main OTP is Cinder and Kai and it's like "DUDE JUST TELL ME HAPPENED." My parents are saying they will take my books away if I don't stop fingerling, but fangirling is a healthy lifestyle.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirling all the wayyy. Haha! OTPs cause so much pain, man.

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. ^ I'm with Morning. I'm a huge fangirl of the Lunar Chronicles, it's will take over your feelings and and just oh my gosh. Yes, yes. Anyway, I need to add this on goodreads, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds awesome!!

      And yes, you need to read it. My ghost shall come and haunt you if you don't. ;-)

      xoxo

      Delete

be kind.

xx