January 10, 2015

North & South

North & South



I need to tell you about this show, and I need to tell you about this show now.

North & South is a period mini-series, based on the novel by English writer Elizabeth Gaskell. It revolves mostly around the interactions of Margaret Hale, and a man named John Thornton.

And it took my breath away.

I have a really strong aversion to many female characters. You know the usual, the overly girly or those who try way too hard not to be girly at all. 

Margaret was neither. She was alive, and real, and brilliant. I mean, she was a tree uprooted and planted in a graveyard. It was a difficult mood to set. But it was done perfectly.

And don't get me started on Mr. Thornton. He was lovely, and scared, and hard. He fell asleep on his desk. I mean, who does that? He was a masterpiece.
(Basically he's played by Richard Armitage. Yeah, you know you want to watch it.)

Plus it has quotes that made me shiver, and an ending that left me in the happiest tears possible. I watched it multiple times.

Go watch it. 

Don't even watch it for Richard.

Watch it because it's beautiful and well-done, and because it's about us. Our lives. Our struggles.

<3


xoxo

16 comments:

  1. I keep hearing such wonderful things about North & South, not to mention the fact that Richard is in it. It's my resolve this year to watch it-I must! xD
    ~Adaline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. You must, you must. It is fabulous. :-D

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. North and South makes rainbows in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Hannah Joy x10. North and South is a movie (series? show? #idontevencare) that I adore and have watched way too many times to be healthy.

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  4. STILL TOO EARLY FOR ALL THESE FEELS.

    STILL TOO EARLY FOR ALL THE FEELS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I'm going to watch this. I'm running out of things to watch... does it have some the same vibe as Pride and Prejudice? Because it seems like it, and if it does, (most likely) my emotions will be ripped to pieces. XD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It has many of the same moods and settings as Pride and Prejudice, and I promise that it's just as good. BETTER, EVEN. And yes, it has plenty of feels. <3

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I need to check this out. Sounds pretty amazing. Have a amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I insist that you do!

      Right back at you, love. :-D

      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I LOVE that show! It is soooo amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! *squeal of delight* It is the best.

      xoxo

      Delete
  8. North and South is incredibly amazing! That is all :)

    ReplyDelete

be kind.

xx